Monday, July 15, 2013

Turbulent Morning Prayer

I love Philip Newell's Celtic prayer and especially his little book Celtic Benediction which I have been using recently. The language is blessedly inclusive (Episcopalians, when, oh WHEN are we going to inclusive our prayer book...some of the language is almost unbearable these thirty years on!)  That is another post for another day.

This morning's closing prayer rings true for me and for the world I pray for every day:

In the beginning, O God,
your Spirit swept over the chaotic deep like a wild wind
and creation was born.
In the turbulence of my own life
and the unsettled waters of the world today
let there be new birthings of your Spirit.
In the currents of my own heart
and the upheavals of the world today
let there be new birthings of your mighty Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment